9.28.2010

What is your childhood trauma Pt. 2

#110: Abby the Bad Sport

"Claudia often wears her art on her sleeve - almost literally. On this, my first Monday back at the BSC, for example, she was in a little crop-top muscle shirt that she had batikked green and blue. She'd sewed a bunch of buttons up the front as if it were a vest. She also had on skinny black shorts, one blue sock and one green sock, and black Doc Martens with one blue shoelace (on the foot with the green sock) and one green shoelace (on the foot with the blue sock). Her long black hair had been gathered into a single braid. A blue ribbon with more buttons attached to it was woven into the braid. Her earrings? Buttons, naturally."


I took some liberties (suggested in What Claudia Wore's original post) with this look to update Claud's wardrobe, mainly with the thigh highs, Chloe Doc Martens and leather Rag & Bone shorts... plus the big ol' Twiggy braid, but that's more of a throwback.

I always had my doubts about the Kishi parents, because my parents would have stapled me to my bedroom floor if I tried to leave the house in a cropped muscle tee with skinny shorts (seriously).

13 comments:

  1. Yep, when I read "Skinny shorts" I pictured spandex bike shorts. Your interpretation is WAY better. I heart these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant. I love your illustrations. Perfect interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boots are sick. I love how you did the laces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow. Your drawing makes me feel like Claudia *really* was fashionable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm tickled to have found this website through "what claudia wore" - what a lovely compliment. one would likely worry that seeing the actuall outfits may ruin them (less imagination involved), but you are a wonderful, charming artist so i'm quite enjoying this experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow nice illustration!
    x fashionnerdic

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous!
    i really do love it :D
    this would get mega hypes on lookbook hahah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would love for you to join our Prada Giveaway

    http://www.frontrowmode.com/2010/09/frms-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. im loving this, literally from head to toe. the lace-detailings especially are sending me into apparel-cosmos...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant. Brilliant! I still try to re-create what this chick wore on a regular basis. Great attention to detail!

    Tamia
    TheStyleSample

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is amazing! i absolutely love these illustrations. definetly going to have to follow your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That...is...fantastic!!
    Trying to dress like the magnificent Claud in real life is always great fun.

    ReplyDelete