10.20.2010

What is your childhood trauma Pt. 4

#41: Mary Anne vs. Logan:

"Claudia flopped onto her bed* and leaned against the wall. She was looking especially acute that day. (Acute means cool. My friends and I make up words all the time, and only we know what they mean. Distant and dibble also mean cool.) Claud was wearing an oversized raspberry-colored shirt, a short black skirt, and black leggings (the layered look). On her feet were black cowboy boots*, and dangling from an earcuff was a huge collection of beads and stones."

* J'accuse! No shoes inside the Asian American's house!

As with all my other fanarts, I've updated her wardrobe to give our heroine a more modern feel. And because you know... this is a fashion blog (I swear), I've even put together a handy shopping guide if you want to recreate my illustrated ensemble:

Patterson J. Kincaid Gene Tee // Splendid Skirt // Black Milk Spartan Leggings // Frye Bruce Boots

Aren't those leggings bad ass? Claudia would be all over Black Milk like white on rice (the Galaxies! the Liquids! Bodysuits!! I want them all O_O) Plus points for being handmade by the artist, too.

In other news, I'll be leaving on a jet plane, I don't know when I'll be back again (early Nov). I'm still trying to figure how I can bring along my rainboots, but at least I'll get in a total of 30 hours flying over the Pacific Ocean to crank out more illustrations (*sob/sigh*).

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I think it's my fave so far! I really love the folds in the shirt, so well done! and I dig the fact that you drew clothes that actually exist. Those leggings are to die for!
    As for packing your rain boots, maybe you could fit them in your suitcase by putting your other stuff rolled inside of them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'adore this one. And good catch on the shoes inside the Kishi house--- never thought of that before, but it's totally true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhh you put in black milk! i love it so much :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to say that these are amazing and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. I just found your blog and I'm in love. I just did a similar exercise in Polyvore but I guessed what each girl would be wearing today. I'm sharing your work with my readers this week for sure!

    http://cardiganjunkie.blogspot.com/2010/06/bsc-what-would-they-wear-now.html

    ReplyDelete