11.13.2010

What is your childhood trauma Pt. 5

Super Mystery #2: Baby-sitters Beware

"Claudia (who is Japanese-American with creamy, perfect skin, brown eyes, and long, straight black hair*) was wearing leggings, too - purple ones - with black Doc Martens, red slouch socks, black bicycle shorts over the leggings, a big t-shirt with the words "This Might Be Art" scrawled on it in purple (I knew she'd made it herself), and an old black suit jacket of her father's, with the sleeves rolled up... Claudia's earrings were purple feathers (she made those herself, too)."



* Yes, I know Claudia has straight hair blah blah blah, but you can't possibly have a girl that will braid her hair in a bajillion different ways and not experiment with a curling iron once in a while.

So I might be able to get down with lace bike shorts over leggings with slouch socks, after all (or it could still be the meds talking), but if I had both ears pierced, I'd definitely be down with some feather earrings. The peacock pair is modeled after ones I found browsing through Swan River Stone's Etsy Shop. Handmade feather jewelry? I'm sure Claudia would approve.

What say the peanut gallery?

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and highly appropriate. I love these drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so excited to see you draw this outfit - I actually tried drawing it last year, and it's fun to see different interpretations:
    http://aganabelea.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d28cbfw

    I think someone should start a group blog where anyone can post recreations of Claud's outfits - whether drawing, or dressing yourself up at Goodwill, or dressing up a Barbie, etc.

    ReplyDelete