12.20.2010

What is your childhood trauma Pt. 9

5 days until Christmas! All I wanted?

1) Colin Morgan
2) JC Taupe Litas
3) JC Charli Cs
4) New Laptop

5) Morinaga Caramel Candy (20 pack)

Lucky for all of you, I already have three of the five listed items, so all you guys have to do is send me Colin Morgan holding a box of Japanese candy tied up with a festive Christmas ribbon.

Not possible? Ah, well...

Doesn't hurt to ask, and anyways, 'tis the season of giving [a Dawn outfit for Poire Gourmande] so here's my gift to all of you :)

#50: Dawn's Big Date

"She helped me put together a great outfit, which was what I was wearing as we waited for Lewis.

... black ballet slippers; black lace capri leggings; a short metallic silver skirt with all this crinoliny stuff underneath that made it poof out; a stretchy, tight, black-and-white-striped top with long sleeves. I'd bought six rubber bangle bracelets, and a new pair of feather earrings that reached down to my shoulder. (I wore both earrings in the two holes in my right ear. I put a pair of small black hoops in the two holes on the left.) This time I didn't set my hair; I piled it on top of my head, then made six braids."

1) This outfit makes me want to_________.

A) cringe
B) laugh
C) burst into "Like a Virgin"
D) all of the above

I took many inspirations for this outfit: Robin Sparkles, 80's Madonna and Veronica Mars as 80's Madonna

Images via HIMYM @ CBS / Madonna Infinity / TV Cappers Anonymous

I'm not really sure who I had in mind when I pictured Dawn's face (Blake Lively, maybe?), but she turned out a lot more Stacey/Taylor Momsen than intended... Their faces were interchangeable as a child.

Oops (but not really).

5 comments:

  1. LMAO. ROBIN SPARKLES. Love you for that reference. Great work, love her earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, it's all I wanted and more! It's perfect, and even more with the Robin Sparkles reference!!! Happy holidays!!! And thanks for fulfilling my request!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look at this and I see Ke$ha. I think because in "Blah Blah Blah" she has the lopsided feather earrings look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Dawn as Robin Sparkles.

    You should totally do Mary Anne's cities skirt that she wore to meet Logan one day, if you get bored with Claudia outfits (how could you, though).

    -Haley @ Cardigan Junkie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha. Oh my gosh love the illustration!
    When I read this originally at age 9 or 10 I thought it was the best outfit EVER INVENTED.
    :'D

    ReplyDelete