2.06.2011

What is your childhood trauma Pt. 12

#45: Kristy and the Baby Parade:

"Here's what she was wearing (I saw her later that day at our meeting): an oversized red blouse with black buttons, green leggings with white, tie-dyed streaks*, and black high-top sneakers with all kinds of buckles and straps on them. (The laces were untied, which I guess is the cool way to wear them. I'd be tripping over them all day, but Claud can pull it off.)

Can you guess what her earrings were? Dangling watermelon slices. Get it? She was dressed like a watermelon, head to toe."

*How do you tie dye something white? I'm taking a technical liberty and letting them be bleached.

Ash Shoes Rebel Boot // Oonagh Edouard Sweater in Lipstick
Camp SmartyPants Tie Dye Leggings // Roka Cola Watermelon Earrings

W00T Happy Year of the Rabbit (a few days late (_ _ );;.. geh)!! I have yet to eat mochi or drink red bean soup *tears*, but I blame the Snowpocalypse for my aversion to leaving the house, much less my room. Because of the blizzard, I was actually snowed in at J's house overnight (lucky for me, I wore my ridiculous MJ Moon Boots & her couch is damn comfy).

And this is what we got to walk through the next day:

S N O M G W T F B B Q !!?!?? щ(゚ロ゚щ)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Claud totally looks like Jane from "Daria". Must be the baggy red shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, this outfit is a classic!
    She's chewing watermelon bubblegum, I presume?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you drew this one--it actually looks really cute (that is NOT the way the outfit looks in my head).

    When I was in Japan red beans were my enemy. I would buy this delicious looking dessert, turn it around, and it would be dripping red beans. ::sigh::

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you did this one! It's one of my favourite Claudia outfits and the one I always remembered.

    ReplyDelete